Period: July 7th – August 9th 2019
Client: Visalia Rotary Community Foundation (Brew Fest)
Subject: Charity Event / Alcohol Tasting Event
The Visalia Rotary Community Foundation was established for the enhancement of Visalia and the surrounding community. It was founded in 1992 by the Visalia Rotary Club and joined in contributions and administration by the Visalia County Center Rotary Club in 1997, the Visalia Breakfast Rotary Club in 2001, Visalia Sunset Rotary Club in 2007, and the Visalia Latino Rotary Club in 2016. Through Grants and Scholarships, the Foundation seeks to provide educational and service opportunities to our community.
Brew Fest is an annual collaborative fundraising event by the Visalia Rotary Community Foundation and the College of the Sequoias Foundation. The net proceeds will be shared between the Visalia Rotary Community Foundation and the College of the Sequoias Foundation. Both charities are using these proceeds to provide college scholarships to local students in need.
The main goals were to;
- Build awareness about the event within the local community through Facebook.
- Build awareness about the event with people who like craft beer, wine, and liquor.
- Increase the number of web clicks to the ticket sale site through Facebook.
The biggest obstacle was the timeframe. There was only a month to promote the event on Facebook. So the objectives were to;
- Reach a total of 50,000 people. (targeted audiences)
- Engage with over 750 people. (targeted audiences)
- Gain 500 web clicks to the ticket sales page.
The target audience that I used for Facebook ads was;
- Location: Visalia, California and +50 around the city
- Age: 21 – 65+
- Sex: Male and Female
- People Who Match: Interest – beer, whiskey, and wine
- Total Audience: 530,000 People
Below are the tactics that I used.
- Facebook Posts: I created organic posts about different sponsors who would be attending the event. As well as event reminder posts that were strategically placed throughout the month leading up to it.
- Facebook Ads: I also created event reminder posts that were strategically placed and boosted as Facebook ads throughout the month leading up to it.
Below were the final results.
- Total Number People Attended: 300+ people
- Amount Raised For Charity: $40,000+ dollars
- Total Engagement: 1,095 people
- Total Reach: 54,464 people
- Total Impressions: 64,800 people
- Total Web Clicks: 687 clicks
In the short amount of time the event had to be promoted, I was able to surpass expectations when it came to its goals and objectives for the event overall. The main objectives were met and then some.