Period: May – Sep 2015
Client: California Fitness Academy
Subject: Fitness Facility
California Fitness Academy has been in business since July 2006 and has served members from Visalia, Tulare, Exeter, Hanford and other Tulare County communities. CFA continues to be a private and cutting edge training facility tailored to guiding its members to achieving their goals.
It was my task to build awareness on social media. Since California Fitness Academy has a large following on Facebook, I created ads on the platform that targeted people within the surrounding area of the gym.
Below are the tactics I used before the 42-day challenge started.
Week 1: 3 Ads, 7-day length
- AD 1: Geo-target Visalia 10+ miles, Women between the ages of 25-54 who like fitness/wellness, beauty/fashion. Friends of people who like CFA
- AD 2: geo-target Visalia with no radius, men, and women between the ages of 25-54. Friends who like CFA.
- AD 3: geo-target Visalia with no radius, men/women between the ages of 25-45 who like fitness/wellness.
Week 2: 2 Ads, 4-day length
- AD 1: Geo-target Visalia 10+ miles, Women between the ages of 25-54, who like fitness/wellness.
- AD 2: Geo-target Visalia 10+ miles, Women between the ages of 25-54, who like fitness/wellness.
Week 3: 1 ad, 6-8 hour length “1-2 days before the challenge starts”
- AD 1: Geo-target Visalia with no radius, Women between the ages of 25-65+ who like fitness/wellness
Below were the final results.
- Total Reach: 29,113
- Total Engagement: 1,109
- CTR: 3 – 5%
Though only Facebook ads and a budget of only $225, I was able to bring in 52 people and after the 42-day challenge 7 people signed up as members for a 3 to 6 month membership. I was told by the relationship manager to stop the Facebook ads the last three days because the phone was ringing off the hook and they were turning people away.